Hotel Terms & Conditions
1. The hotel may require payment in full in advance, or on arrival depending on the terms of the booking.
Cheques (personal or company) must be presented in good time for clearance, and will not, under any
circumstances be accepted on departure.
2. Rooms will not be ready until 2.00pm on arrival. However, guests are welcome to use the hotel
facilities and car park if arriving early or staying on later. Rooms can be pre-booked the night before at
an extra charge to guarantee an early arrival. Check out time is 11.00am and late departures will be
charged for. However, by written agreement and subject to availability, a late check out may be
arranged for an extra charge, near the time of the stay/holiday.
3. Bookings from persons under the age of 18 years cannot be accepted. The minimum age of children
allowed in their own room is 14 years.
4. Groups of single sex parties (five people or over) can only be accepted with prior permission from the
Management. If agreed, a disclaimer will need to be completed by the organiser. Please ensure you
inform us if you are an all male or all female party.
5. Behaviour of guests and their visitors should not be excessive or rowdy, and must not cause annoyance,
distress or embarrassment to staff or fellow guests. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated.
We reserve the right to recover from the person making the booking any discretionary compensation
payment, or discount, that we may have to pay to any other guests, as a result of your actions, or a member
of your party or visiting friends. This includes damage to the hotel building, fixtures, fittings and flood
6. Failure to comply with any of the booking conditions may result in the party being asked to leave
immediately, if in our sole discretion, we (George Albert Hotel) feel the conditions have been infringed. The
accounts will be due in full and no refunds will be given in these circumstances.
7. If George Albert Hotel is prevented by circumstances beyond their control from making accommodation
available and cannot provide a suitable alternative, they will refund monies already paid by you, but no
further liability will be accepted.
8. Improvements, maintenance and changes to the hotel facilities and grounds take place throughout the
year. We will always do our best to ensure guests are not inconvenienced. No compensation will be paid if
a facility is unavailable, but we will do our best to provide a suitable alternative. During quieter periods
only one restaurant may be open in the evenings.
9. Liability: personal belongings are the responsibility of each member of the party. We accept no liability
whatsoever for any accident, loss or damage to your property unless such loss is due to our negligence.
Any items of lost property are logged and kept at the hotel for a period of up to 6 weeks. We cannot be
held responsible for the failure of public services (e.g. water, gas electricity etc) or for any disturbance that
is beyond our control. In all cases, except personal injury or death, our liability to you for the total of all
claims arising out of your holiday with us is limited to the cost of the booking.
10. Smoking and vaping (electronic cigarettes) is not allowed in any part of the hotel, including all the
bedrooms. If this is ignored, a deep cleaning charge of £100 per room will be made. If the next occupant
refuses to accept the room, you will be liable for the cost of the alternative accommodation as well.
11. You are responsible for the fully furnished room and its equipment during the period of hire and are
expected to take all reasonable care of it. You are asked to notify us of any problems or defects
immediately as they become apparent, to enable us to rectify them and to maintain the high standards
kept by George Albert Hotel.
12. The use of the Leisure Facilities and amenities such as swimming pools, cots etc is entirely at your own risk.
George Albert Hotel will accept no responsibility for loss of damage to your belongings, personal injury or loss
of life. Children under the age of 15 are not permitted to use the Leisure facilities unless accompanied by an adult.
13. Cars, motorbikes, vans, coaches or any other motor vehicle and or trailers are parked at owners’ risk.
14. Please note, charging motor vehicles at George Albert Hotel is prohibited and a £50 penalty will apply should
this not be adhered to.
15. Prices are correct at the time of publication but may change without notice with the exception of
confirmed bookings. Confirmed bookings will not alter other than to reflect any changes to tax.
16. We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
17. We welcome all comments both positive and negative. Guests’ comments are invaluable and help
us to maintain and improve the standards of service and facilities offered. We wish to know of any
dissatisfaction or suggestions whilst you are with us. Please contact reception who will be happy to help.
Terms and Conditions for Special Offers. In addition to the above terms and conditions, guests booking on a special offer will be bound by the following terms and conditions.
1. The offer is only applicable to new bookings and cannot be used retrospectively
2. There may be a limited number of places available on a special offer and once these have been filled,
George Albert Hotel is under no obligation to extend the offer further.
3. An offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
4. Guest must notify George Albert Hotel if they wish to take up the offer at the time of booking.
5. George Albert Hotel reserves the right to amend or vary any offer at any time.
6. Where special conditions must be met by the guest to comply with the offer (e.g. collection of vouchers),
if the guest fails to comply (e.g. present vouchers on arrival) George Albert Hotel is entitled to revoke the
7. Full payment of the special offer will be required at the time of booking - no refund will be made in the
event of a cancellation.
Pets (excluding Service Dogs) are not permitted in the Hotel, within the grounds of the Hotel or to be left in
cars at any time.
The George Albert Hotel Reception is normally manned 24 hours a day. During a national pandemic, such as COVID-19, or other times that the management decide appropriate, this may vary due to the level of business within the Hotel. Should Reception be closed a contact number for contacting the Duty Manager will be clearly displayed by the Reception entrance.
George Albert Hotel & Spa, Wardon Hill, Dorchester, DT2 9PW
www.gahotel.co.uk T: 01935 483430 E : firstname.lastname@example.org